Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wow! and Yeah! Ladies

I got some great questions from ladies even through their not so better halves. Here goes:

1."You have mentioned about carrying in purses. Is there any purse or pouch you can recommend?"  Outstanding! Sorry ladies after all I am a man.  

2. I can't accessorize for sh*t. There are purpose built purses available from Galco Leather, Bianchi, Safariland and others. They are very stylish and available in different styles configurations and colors. The thing I like most about them is THEY LOOK LIKE A PURSE and not a "gun purse". They all have a separate compartment for your weapon that allows immediate access to your weapon. The access is easy and well hidden from sight and they almost all, have a holster in that compartment that secures your weapon. I know you could walk with your hand on your weapon same as if you had your hand on your keys and no one can tell. The shoulder straps are all reinforced. Coronado Leather makes good ones too. A man with a holster can't get away with walkin around with his hand on his weapon but a woman with her hand in her purse? No problem. Fanny packs scream GUN ! ! and crooks even look for them and practice how to steal them off a wearers body so I stay away from them generally. You have to practice drawing from them though. Tip: You can shoot through your purpose if you have to. If you have an old one you don't ever use, take it to the range put your weapon in it and shoot through it. I mean if you were gonna get rid of it why not give it a warriors death. Also, I wouldn't want to get hit in the head with a purse never one that had a three pound (loaded) piece of steel in it. If all else fails girls, think about that.

3. "My son says I should have this or that.....what do you think?" Screw him. Think he'll be there if you're attacked. I doubt it. The philosophical discourse usually goes " Man: I have 4000 super magnum and the little woman's got the poodle shooter." Man: "Trust me honey. You need this little..." Two of my ex's have had no problem picking their own full size large caliber weapons without my help (other than one happened to be my S& W Model 19) one a six shot .357 Magnum revolver and the other a full size Sig Sauer 9mm service semi auto pistol. You know who you are girls. They both qualified with them and have no problem handling them proficiently.

4. " Who are better shooters? Men or women?" In my 30 + years of doing this Instructor thing I do have an opinion about that and it is generally agreed upon by most professional Instructors. My best trainees have been....The envelope please.......WOMEN. Now before the guys go to bitchin I have to say this and you gotta admit it fellas; ladies take instruction more readily and open minded. I am a guy and I am a very good shooter but dat's my yob. Ladies generally come a little timid at first but almost all of them are there for my instruction because they really want to be there. I've had plenty of male shooters who are there for my instruction because it is required for their qualification and as far as their attitude projects, I'm not gonna show them anything. They already know all they need to know. No one in this email list (guys) makes that group which is why I send these to y'all male and female alike. Every woman I have ever trained and qualified has done so without any special consideration for her being a female when she took the proficiency test. I wouldn't want to get shot by any of them. They're all pretty damn good and one is my best overall trainee.

As Forrest Gump said...  "That's all I have to say bout that.."  

Your Instructor...  Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment