Monday, May 3, 2010

AND THEN…….. CONSUMER INFO

Before I forget……….

The points about Caliber I made in “What I taught and Learned” bring me to an important consumer tip...

I’d be beating a dead horse if I went again into the ammo crunch right now and once again it’s getting bad. Don’t know why, but that said here’s some tips to save money and for general knowledge. Some things I do take for granted ,,,,,my bad. Here goes:

1.    If you have a .357 Mag revolver you can safely fire .38 Special in it and carry it with .38 Spl. +P and +P+ rounds for defense. ( Although for many years the .357 Mag. 110gr. & 125gr. Jacketed hollow point (JHP) rounds have been the kings of the 1 shot stop in fights).
2.    If you have a .44 Mag. Revolver you may safely carry .44 Specials in it as above.
3.    If you have a Ruger revolver in .327 Federal Mag. You can load it with, .32, and .32 HR Mag. Ammo.
4.    If you own a Glock pistol in .40 S&W, you can order a barrel (factory or aftermarket “drop in/conversion”) in .357 SIG  and use the same magazines, no problem. Conversely if you own a Sig Sauer in .357 SIG (Tx. DPS issue caliber) you can order the drop in barrel in .40 S&W  I believe XDs do likewise. This gives you a two caliber one gun and magazines option. I personally have it on my Sig P226 in .357SIG. AND WILL NEXT DO IT FOR MY Glock 22 [to .357 SIG]. This is a great conversion and helps to save money expended on ammo not to mention the versatility of the two caliber one gun option. Barrels run from $99.to $150. Depending on who makes it.

Don’t burn up your wallet or hurt your wrists and ears firing hot Magnum or auto pistol loads when you can practice more effectively with “Specials” in revolvers or TMJ rounds in Semi-autos.  I like it when ya  get 2 fer 1stuff.

In shotguns save the high power buck shot for the house to defend with and practice with bird shot.

See you at the range,  Eddie... OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment