Friday, March 5, 2010

Response from "Cheaper Than Dirt" on Hacking Accusations

Hi All,

I had a reply from Cheaper Than Dirt and wanted to get it to you ASAP. Their rep, Mr. Andrew Sypien, states that they have not been hacked for theft. I believe him since he works for the company and I read the assertion on a gun "chat room" site? I try as you know to stay accurate and thanks to Cheaper Than Dirt for helping me maintain that ideal..

Look folks there are lots of "chat room experts" and most that I've seen or read are full of themselves and little knowledge, if you get my drift. I stick with good info sources ( American Handgunner, G&A, NRA, TSRA) but do want to see what is being said. I only think it safe to not buy firearms on line as I say you can't hold it in your hands til you buy it and are at the mercy (and description of condition) of the seller, and the sites expressly deny liability for any merchandise sold through the site by individuals selling the weapons. I have said over and over again, use these sites (Cheaper Than Dirt, Gun Broker, Davidson's etc.) as price comparators and guides to help you in the price range realm, and then go to retailers or gun shows and use those as guidelines for purchasing goods you can actually put your hands on. That is why I search constantly in our area for good retail buys and service.

Don't ever forget the adages "buyer beware" and "a fool and his money are soon parted" or "buying sight unseen". they are truth in reality.

EDDIE OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment