Thursday, March 4, 2010

Are Our Gun Rights Being Threatened? You Bet Your OBAMA!

Dear Folks,

 I have been asked many good and intelligent questions by you as my Trainees, and I truly appreciate them. I have been asked to comment on subjects like of course, politics and political associations that would affect us. I have been asked about the current president and his administration. I have been asked about The Second Amendment to The United States Constitution.

As a firearms Instructor and owner I, as you am affected by all of the above. I’m gonna  pass on Obama because anyone who knows me knows how I feel about that particular can of worms opened on the last election day.

1.    The Second Amendment:  I am not a Constitutional scholar. I don’t even know any. That said, I do   NOT  believe that it guarantees ME  the right to anything.  I have read and re read it over and over again and after listening to Justice Sotamayor and her colleagues during their discourses on application of the Second Amendment during the Heller case, I realize that that right as seen or imagined is in real jeopardy. I know I over simplify but if twelve politically appointed judges decide what are and are not rights then what is a “RIGHT” other than a turn you make?  The so called Constitutional Guarantees are not guaranteed at all when twelve people you probably never have nor ever will meet decide “the law” and for the hell of it, look up the word  “right” definition #10. Don’t be naive. Fear the government that fears you.
2.    Associations: The NRA. I am currently a member. I am not always a member because I don’t always agree with them and how they treat people that don’t agree with their rather hard line. They do some good work. I was taken aback when I took a tour of their HQ some years back and saw what I consider to be gross opulence by way of artwork, furnishings, structures and how the whole tour was very propagandized and  constantly filled with suggestions of donations for this and that. Let me tell you, the doors in that place were some of the most beautiful pieces of solid American hardwoods I’ve ever seen and proudly stated by the tour guide as “ costing anywhere from $5000.00 to $17,500.00 per door. The NRA sends out more junk mail and requests for money than AARP or those Life Insurance companies. Considering the place I can see why and where those donations go for the most part.
3.    The Texas State Rifle Association is the only one I stay in membership with. It is in Austin all the time on the hill taking care of us as citizens and gun owners in Texas. They do very good work. They have been responsible for major legislation that directly affects us from the CHL law to Castle Doctrine to Traveling definitions, to laws that affect the safety of law enforcement. I suggest you join and it is the only one I suggest you join.  I have the membership brochures if you want one. Let me know.
4.   THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY has a new gun law that just took effect. In the Heller Decision the Supreme court said states could institute “reasonable” gun laws even after asserting that the Second  Amendment is an individual right……. So in a nutshell New Jersey has instituted a new restriction law that is either that you can only buy one gun a month (or I could be wrong;  one gun a week) which includes  GUN STORES AND RETAILERS ! ! ! NO BULLS**T. I believe that at present it is only a provision for handgun purchases but even so….what retailer of any product could survive buying only one piece of merchandise per week or month? Doesn’t take a genius to see that Jersey wants gun dealers out of business, and now they’ve instituted a legal way to do it.

 Anyway there you have it for what it’s worth. Ya want to discuss politics or religion come on by and sip a little whiskey and we’ll do it but then again as Claude and T-Bone always say “ Don’t get me started….About the Space Station”

Your Instructor... EDDIE 

"dit.dit...dit... THIS JUST IN!"
ADDENDUM:  Over the weekend I discovered that there is what they say will be the most significant Gun Rights case about to make the rounds of Supreme Court ville. “THE CHICAGO GUN CASE” OR “ MAC DONALD VS. CHICAGO.” (Chicago Gun Case .org or .com if that’s your thing). Basically the City of Chicago says, the  Second  Amendment  as applied under Heller cannot supercede their jurisdictional right to create its own civil ordinances. Chicago has a firearms and handgun ban. The amazing thing is it is tied into the upcoming Democratic Health take over. I understand that Eric Holder has hidden away in the provisions of the many thopusands of pages the creation of lists of lawful firearms owners and the registration of said firearms owners trhough the BATFE form we all fill out and then mandatory registration of all legally owned firearms. Now get this…. UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THE HEALTH CARE BILL …..CRIMINALS ARE STILL AFFORDED THEIR FIFTH AMENDMENT RIGHT OF PROHIBITION OF SELF INCRIMINATION…The bad guys don’t have to register their guns because of self incrimination…..Do you believe that shit? The lists Obama and Holder will create will be tied to gunshot wound trauma cost and if you have firearms in your home/ possession you will not be allowed treatment under the Health Care Bill and as a bonus you will be placed on the International no fly list which is part of new treaty proposals Hillary Clinton is working on under international pressure to ban import and export of firearms into and from the United States. How’s that for cap in trade? They are really tryin to slip this one under the radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment