Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Updates from Eddie...

Hi Y'all

Just a quick heads up on the low light "night shoot". It got so hot, so quickl that I decided to wait just a little bit till it cools off. It is still a GO though. I've had lunch with Officer Maffei and he's definitely in and WILL help set the course of fire and run it with me. I have been building barricades/simulators, and have just ordered a Dueling Tree which I guarantee you will have a literal blast with. I will incorporate it into the scenario...

The barricade building is tough as I have to do it outdoors and like I said man it is warm out there. I'll have them done by next week though.

Everyone receiving this will be in the first 2 control groups. So just hang in there I'll keep you posted. I will draw names for the 2 groups, check with everyone for availability on the date, and email a liability release for the range.

Please don't forget that Galveston's SWAT Team needs ammo for their own training/practice. I have an ammo can going here at the house and have about 400 rounds (combined) of .40 and .223. Please just a box of Monarch or "Whit box" or Blazer FMJ. Every little bit helps and it's for real Gaveston provides these guys no ammo and if we gave it to GPD proper they'd take it away for their cadet classes. That sucks! Every little bit helps and keeps us safer when we visit Galveston. Anyway I hope y'all are healthy, happy, licensed and a packin. I hope you're practicin.

One more very important point before I go. Bill Robertson of Big Texas Designs (my webmaker/master) lost his Mother two weeks ago and obviously the website has been on hold until the family takes care of all that's involved. I want to send my personal condolences to Bill Robertson and my greatest admiration as he spent almost the entire time of his Moms passage from this world at her side. Good son Bill! He will get all things up and running soon and I have sent him several very good posts and more questions from Officer Maffei so keep an eyeout.

Thanks everybody, stay safe, and Practice,

YOUR INSTRUCTOR

Eddie


(Webmaster Note:  Sorry for the delay in recent posts.  Most of you know I've been struggling with my Mom being in the hospital and finally hospice care for over 3 months.  Betty Jo Robertson he made the transition from this earth on June 13th.  She is in a much better place now and I'm sure was greeted by my Father who preceded her.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers during this time.  Bill Robertson  PS:You can see my tribute to her on YouTube HERE )

No comments:

Post a Comment