Monday, February 22, 2010

Night fire and low light exercise scheduled soon!

I will be negotiating  with two firing ranges this Wednesday Feb. 24th 2010 for permission to use their facility for a low light and night fire exercise and simulation. Sportsman Range in Humble and Reevis' Range in Hardin (North of Dayton). I will try to make it at Reevis' as it is outdoors and would be more conducive to the drills I will plan.
  
I plan to hold the training exercise at night and in low light and complete dark conditions. I would like to invite all my trainees to participate, as this will be a lot of fun and very informative. To give you an idea of what would be in store here is just some of what I have in mind.

Trainees will:
  1. Bring their primary home defense weapons and CHL handguns. Limit: 1 handgun and 1 rifle or 1 shotgun (not both).
  2. Bring box (50 rds) ammo for handgun , and 20 rounds of either rifle or OO Buck shot.
  3. Bring flashlight hand held NOT weapon mounted. Lasers or Crimson Trace grips are approved.
  4. Bring your concealed carry holster, purse or fanny pack.

ABSOLUTELY NO TRACER AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED OR TOLERATED !! AND NO NIGHT VISION DEVICES OF ANY KIND.
 
  • The instructor will provide targets and barricades and car/auto simulator for the instruction.
  • The exercise will include four scenario type simulations that will require use of lights, and stress reloading drills.
  • Scenarios include...
    • search
    • fire through auto window
    • barricade with hand gun and rifle/shotgun
    • barricade weak hand with flash light

I will need to know who will attend in advance and a deposit may be required for the Range. My fee for the instructional exercise will be $40.00 per person. I will plan on the exercise running from 2 to 3 hours so that all will be able to participate. I will probably have to limit the number of trainees for at least this first time, but if successful I will do one within another two weeks of the first, depending on the range availability.

You may use one or all of the above weapons you are not required to use all three types.
The charge for my instruction will defray the cost of materials and building time and targets and backlighting for scenarios, and acquisition of some auto salvage parts. I will give a demonstration of projectile penetration of different material (walls, sheetrock, brick etc.)

I will provide my personal weapons for usage (not my M-4) handgun/shotgun and a flashlight. (whoever uses them will need ammo and batteries.)

Folks this first time out I am going to stipulate that no one under 21 attend this training exercise. No children may observe or participate. 

Night firing is very dangerous and I will do it under strictly enforced guidelines and the safety rules will be adhered to without exception as some running, moving and shooting will be part of the exercises.

If this is something you might want to do let me know ASAP and I'll send details via the website. This will be some of the most fun you can have with clothes on. If you haven't night fired you'll have a blast.
 
Let me know everybody.
Your Instructor,   Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment